Home » Contact
- Exploring Phobias: A Look at the 10 Most Common Phobias
- Understanding Agoraphobia: Symptoms and Treatment
- Do It Yourself EMDR: Is It Possible? Is It Safe?
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: What is EMDR?
- Meridians: What Do Energy Channels Have to Do with Your Panic Attacks?
- Phobias: What are They and How are They Treated?
- Is It a Panic Attack? Look for These Symptoms
- 7 Tips for Coping with Panic Attacks and Getting Your Life Back
- Hypnotherapy: What is Hypnosis & How Can It Help You?
- Energy Psychology: Why It’s a Faster, More Efficient Treatment for Anxiety
- Emotional Freedom Technique: Acupressure for Your Emotions
- CBT and Anxiety: How Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Changes Your Thinking
- Test Anxiety Symptoms and How to Overcome Your Fear
- Post Traumatic Stress: Help Your Family Cope with PTSD
- Treatment for PTSD: A Look at the Many Treatment Options
Lawrence M. Glanz, Ph.D.
"Joe is a highly competent and compassionate psychologist. He works well with a variety of populations, and he maintains the highest standards of ethical practice."
Paul J. Friday, Ph.D., Chief, Clinical Psychology – UPMC – Shadyside, President, Shadyside Psychological Services
"I have known and worked with Dr. Weiss for many years while he was a staff psychologist at UPMC Shadyside, Pittsburgh. I have found his insights to patients’ problems and his cognitive interventions to be effective in helping his patients solve a variety of emotional and interpersonal problems. Dr. Weiss’ unique approach to therapy and ability to garner trusting relationships has helped many people resolve issues over the many years that I have known him. Seeking Dr. Weiss’ guidance will be a good investment in your time and energy."
Michael B. Kaiser, PhD
"I have known Dr. Joseph Weiss for more than 30 years on both a personal as well as professional level. I think you will find him to be a very warm, engaging individual who has integrated a number of well established clinical techniques into his practice including CBT, REBT, Ericksonian Hypnosis, and EMDR. He has fine tuned his approach over the years to take into consideration the need for focused, time limited therapy. He has the ability to quickly assess the needs of his clients and the flexibility to utilize different techniques in an effort to maximize treatment effectiveness. He also has a good sense of humor!"